Sunday, March 20, 2011

Grrrrrrr Computer Problems

This has been a horrid two weeks of computer problems.  First my computer total stopped and I have to send it in for upgrades and repairs.  Then my husband's had a virus and because it hadn't been connected to the net his needed major updating.  So we thought we had everything taken care of and guess what.  After two days home from repairs, I got hit major time by hackers on my computer and it hit microsoft's operating system which shut it down.  They had added all kinds of junk to the system and it took another hour of special software by the repair guy to fix it.  Well we thought it was all fixed.  Little faith...because it still isn't right and now we wait for the repair guy to call tomorrow and with multi-fingers crossed.... hope he will be able to fix the rest of the problems.

Okay that is enough complaining about computers.  Can't live with them and can't live without them.

Now onto the good part of the week.  We picked up 4 dolls at Goodwill on Wednesday.  Good price on all of them and was not really sure what I had picked up but I am getting really good at spotting sellers.  I ended up with a 23.5 inch Corolle doll.  No picture of her here (will add picture to side bar of her)  because after I cleaned her up and made some new clothes for her, I put her on Ebay and she sold within three hours of the listing and will be traveling to France tomorrow.  Next I got a Ballini baby doll that I made clothing for, plus a Zapf Baby Born, which still has the original clothing and a Precious Moments doll completely dressed with tag still attached.  These are now on Ebay and seeing I didn't put a "buy it now" on them, I have to wait to see if they sell.

 The above is the Ballini baby doll.  She is 18 inch tall, with cloth jointed body and vinyl limbs and head.  She has the most electric blue eyes.
Then we went on to dolls that arrived in the mail, these I had picked up at a good price on Ebay.  The above is a Horsman, 14 inch all vinyl doll.  She had a long dress on but was not in good shape.  I had bought this doll because I had had several people bug me to make a bride doll.  I haven't made bride dresses since I was making them for my daughter's Barbie dolls back in the last 60's.  I really didn't want to make one but I thought just one.  I have a hard time working with white on white and all that bride fabric.  Eyes just don't see as well anymore.....That is another whole story and we WON'T go into that one.

I also got a 12 inch cloth and vinyl baby doll that is a Horsman too.  I did get the clothes done for her today but no pictures yet.  Maybe tomorrow after I have the computer fixed again.  Right now it is hard to get the pictures loaded on my computer.  I have to use a backdoor and them move them around a couple of times to get them where I can crop and fix them.  No fun.

Well that has been my last couple of weeks and I have a 3 day show this next weekend, so don't know when I will get back to post on here again.  I really need to do a better job of keeping up with my blog. 

Everyone enjoy your first week of spring and I hope your weather is warm.

No comments: