Friday, March 4, 2011

What I have been up to this last week

I got this doll from a friend in a box of lots of dolls that she didn't want to deal with any more.  All I hade to do with fix her hair, wash her and her clothes and she was all ready for showing.  This is a Panosh Place doll from 1985.  She even has little purple earrings permanently on her ears.   She is called Honeycomb which is written on her hair clip.  She is completely original and the only thing that is missing is a comb that she carried in her purse.  I call her my Dolly Parton doll because of the hair.

I also have several other dolls that I have worked on this past week and as soon as I can figure out how to add more pictures I will show them to you.

I did my first Antique and Collectible show last week and it didn't go so well.  I talked to lots of people and answered lots of questions on dolls and heard lots of stories about their collections or what they had as children but the sales were bad.  Everyone admired the dolls and said what a great job I did on them and their clothes but that doesn't put money in my pocket.

I have two show this month and we will see how they go.  Both are art and craft shows and I can show anything that I want to show.   So seeing that is the case, I will take a few of my bears and soft dolls that I made and add some of the dolls I have refurbished and see how that goes.

No comments: