Friday, August 8, 2008

Today is the first day of my blog.

This is my first time at doing a blog and so that everyone can get to know me and my creations I am just introduction myself today.

I have been sewing since I was a child and so I sew. Over the years I have made just about everything that you can think of making. About 30 years ago, I decided that I wanted to make some teddy bears. First I only made them and gave them to friends and co-workers and then people said they would buy them so I started to do art and craft shows. This turned into quite a business for me. Every weekend we would travel the western states and sell at craft shows. I would work my regular job and come home and sew, travel on the weekends and it went on and on like that for years. When my hubby lost his job, downsizing they called it, we decided to sell our house and buy a travel trailer and do shows full time. We did this for only 2 years when we got so burnt out that we went back to regular jobs. We didn't do shows for several years or did I make bears. Then, of course, the bug got me and I started to want to do shows again so we did a few a year. We had to stop doing the shows for a while as our jobs were too demanding to be able to be gone.

We retired almost 5 years ago and decided to do a few local shows and I was up and running again with a business. Last year after my hubby got quite ill, I started a website as our house was being overrun by stuffed animals. I still do a couple of shows a year but am hoping that the website will give me a good income.

I do hope that you will check out my website and bookmark it for future reference. I not only design and make teddy bears but soft dolls, rabbits, mice, dogs, hand puppets and a few more odds of ends of things. Whatever I dream up and make, I put on the website.

Eva
www.ejcrafts.com

3 comments:

Mystic Silks http:mysticsilks.etsy.com said...

OK, your first blog! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I found your link on Linkreferral forums. Another great addicting site is called squidoo.com You can create your own site within a few minutes. Check out ours www.squidoo.com/thelifelinkstore or blog is at:

http://thelifelinkstore.blogspot.com/

Reading your profile we have some great meaningful links that would match your family interest. Check out the family tree link, forever link, and creator.

Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog on linkreferral forums. It looks like your getting a good start. Check out this site called squidoo.com You can create your own site within a few minutes. Check out our at www.squidoo.com/thelifelinkstore

Reading your profile we have some great like that would fit your family interest. Check out the family tree link, forever, widom(teaching your grandchildren)

Keep up the good work.