Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thrift stores, Ebay and me


I am beginning to think I am a compulsive buyer. I have been looking on Ebay and I am finding all kinds of dolls that I want and of course I have been buying. Plus I have now hit all the thrift stores in town and bought dolls in some of them. Even my hubby is getting into looking at the dolls and having me buy some that I would probably not get.


I am trying to get a good varity of dolls both vintage and newer dolls plus all the different sizes. I forgot that when I started making bears and dolls of all the things that I needed to buy to make the stuff to have a decent showing. In the long run, I am probably spending less now because I have all the fabric that I need to make the clothing and I don't need to buy doll joints, doll eyes, bear noses and stuffing which adds up quickly.


Today I started another new thing for me and that is listing dolls on Ebay. I have a bunch of small dolls that I thought maybe I could get buyers on Ebay. I also need to be known on Ebay so that I can get a good rating and that way Ebay won't hold my money back. Any way, another new adventure for me and we will see if it works.


I thought I would show you one of the newest babies that I got at the Goodwill store the other day. This poor thing was so dirty that you could not tell what color she dress was. It is a very nice cotton pale pink with white lace trim. I washed her and her dress up and fixed all the loose elastic on the outfit and redressed her. It looks like it was the original outfit. She is a 18 inch porcelain doll with a weighted cloth body. She is heavy. She is a pretty little thing. She is listed at present on a antique and collectible site and will be listed today on my website.
Hope you are enjoying my newest adventure as much as I am. I really think all the excitement had gone out of me on making bears and this finding dolls and reviving them into a like new condition has brought back the excitement in my life.

1 comment:

Ramblin Mama said...

So glad you've found a new motivator!! Sometimes we just need to find a new item to stimulate our creativity and enthusiasm. Good luck with ebay. I've never tried selling there (yet.)